Every child has a dream, it may be to be a cop, a doctor or even a singer. The point is we all had dreams and at that young age we all thought they could happen. We had hope. But once you grow older and see the world more as it is you kind of loose hope. I don't know about you but I remember a time when I thought all my dreams were stupid and pointless and unachievable. If you didn't go through that stage then I admire your perseverance. The world can be a harsh place and if you aren't strong enough it can crush your dreams.
And then a miracle happens, we go to university. At university we are presented with an opportunity to re-invent ourselves, to become those people that we never thought we could become. At that point in life you have nothing to lose. I know different universities have different opportunities. But at this crucial time in your life apply yourself. Do all those things you dared not to do. If you don't do them now you will never get the chance again and you will live with regret for the rest of your life. Go get your dream now, the possibilities are endless!
Ever since I started my second year of University I feel like my brain cells have dramatically reduced in population. Everything is just so much more complicated and demanding and concepts are harder to grasp!! I know, I know, school is supposed to get more difficult with every increasing year but it still sucks!! I mean who came up with that logic anyway. Who came up with 'the recipe of success is hardwork'? I would really love to meet that person and give him/her a mouthful. Why couldn't life be simple? Why couldn't people be given the choice to do what they want and how they want it? For example, why can't I just wake up one day and say 'I wanna be a billionaire' and boom! the money appears? Why do I have to slave our away my whole entire life just for a few years of satisfaction? Let's just think about this for a minute. You spend 12 years of mandatory school and then 3-6 years of university depending on your chosen degree. We are now up to 15-18 ...
Comments
Post a Comment