Skip to main content

The Comeback

It's been a whole entire year and some months since I last wrote down my thoughts on here. I could lie and blame my busy life and university for my absence but I wouldn't be doing anyone justice. Truth is I got scared, I got scared of all the things going on around me that writing them down would have forced me to face them. Over the past year I have been through so much, both joy and pain, I have learnt so much, all of which I want to share 😊

Firstly, you never know how strong you are until you have to be. And this applies to everyone, YOU ARE STRONG! It doesn't matter what you are going through, you will survive it. You just gotta have faith in yourself. Secondly we need to appreciate the people we have in our lives (friends and family). You never know when you are going to need them around you because nothing beats the support system comprised of your loved ones 💞

You know that popular Justin Bieber song, Love Yourself? I know it has a different message to what I am trying to say but I am more focused on the title. You gotta love yourself. Before you love anyone else you have to love yourself, you have to know your worth. Can I pause for a second and just commend Bieber on that amazing Purpose album?! It was phenomenal! Anyway back to the issue at hand, we should all learn how to appreciate and love ourselves, that way we can easily love other people.

And lastly never underestimate the power of time. It's a cliché I know but time heals everything. Give yourself time and you will see how everything will just piece itself together. It will work itself in the end and remember,

 It's always darkest before the dawn.'

FYI that's what my tattoo says  and yes I got a tattoo 🙈 Moving on to less morbid stuff, I am finally graduating this year! After 5 long, endless years of higher education I am finally getting that coveted honours degree. You have no idea how long I have waited for this. But first I need to pass my final examinations and with that I have reached the end of today's post. All the best to everyone who has examinations in the next coming weeks 😘 And I promise to be more regular with my posts now. Cheers!

Comments

  1. Good luck on your exams Lassie.
    Sly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is right up my alley ❤️���� I love it . I hope you are still applying such principles in your life now ����

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming 30!

                                    When I was 9 I wanted to be a pilot. I had just discovered my love for Maths and we were doing those problems solving questions in class that I absolutely love. Someone had told me pilots needed to be good in maths and science and that fit my description to a T! And then when I was 11 I wanted to be a lawyer. Lawyers talked a lot and knew about history and could defend themselves, and that was my whole personality then. Then 2 years later at 13 I discovered actuaries. They dealt with numbers and statistics and insurance and after one episode on SABC 2 about the day in the life of an actuary, I was convinced! I wanted to be an actuary for a while after that. Then finally 3 years later at 16 I learnt more about our then president, H.E. Dr Festus Mogae. He was an Economist. He combined his knowledge for maths and wanting to help people into being an economist. It was a no brainer after that, I wanted to be the female version of him. Honorary mention goe

"Love"

Can I let you on on a big secret? I am a sucker for love, romance, fairytale ending, the works. And for the first time I am happy to say I am not ashamed of it. Why should I be? Sure love hurts and it involves heartache and drama and binge eating - okay if I don't stop now I might retract that statement. I just recently discovered a poet called Rumi, he said: All we need is love's confusing joy . Dude was on point! If we are all really honest with ourselves we know what we want and that is someone who will accept us with our perfections and imperfections. Someone who will never leave no matter the mistakes we find ourselves making. Basically someone to love us. But lets face it, we are afraid. Everyone is afraid to open up, to be vulnerable, to give someone else the power to hurt us, some more than others. Truth be told I am scared too, just like everyone else the fear of getting hurt stops me from enjoying the fruits of love. But who can blame me, look around, nobody really

28

I am really not great with birthdays, mine that is. Every time August 5 th comes around, something in my brain just starts going haywire. And as I get closer to 30, things keep getting worse. However this year I want to switch things up and look at this wonderful day with a different set of lens. So, in my impulsive decision making, I decided to do a list of things I am grateful for. One for each year that I have been on this earth. So, here goes 28 things I am grateful for   1. My life. This one is pretty standard. I have lived a healthy life and free from this horrible pandemic.  2. My son’s life ; Leruo, who is going to be 3 years old in a week’s time. Yes we are both Leos.  3. My family. See if I was smart I would name them one by one and add to my list.  4. My friends . I have a great support system in terms of my friends. They are always ready to listen to my random thoughts and offer advice where necessary.  5. Winnie. I know technically she falls under friends, but she is w