Every child has a dream, it may be to be a cop, a doctor or even a singer. The point is we all had dreams and at that young age we all thought they could happen. We had hope. But once you grow older and see the world more as it is you kind of loose hope. I don't know about you but I remember a time when I thought all my dreams were stupid and pointless and unachievable. If you didn't go through that stage then I admire your perseverance. The world can be a harsh place and if you aren't strong enough it can crush your dreams.
And then a miracle happens, we go to university. At university we are presented with an opportunity to re-invent ourselves, to become those people that we never thought we could become. At that point in life you have nothing to lose. I know different universities have different opportunities. But at this crucial time in your life apply yourself. Do all those things you dared not to do. If you don't do them now you will never get the chance again and you will live with regret for the rest of your life. Go get your dream now, the possibilities are endless!
For what I am about to share to make sense, I need to give you a bit of background information. I am what my friends call an 'activity slut'. Its kind of a harsh term but completely factual. I am the kind of person who participates in literally everything that I come across, be it charity organisations, school related projects, societies, etc. If I feel like I could contribute something to any project I do it, without any hesitation. I love working with people and trying to make the lives of people around me better and being involved in all these projects gives me the opportunity to do just that. I also do it for selfish reasons, I want to leave a legacy that will live on for decades after I have left this earth. I want to be remembered by each and everyone I come in contact with. What? I am only human! But one thing I never do is get involved in anything where I am uncertain about its success. All my moves are calculated, I only take part in things I know for sure I will be...
Comments
Post a Comment